安全 and Security
实用 操作指南 instructing Metro customers and area residents in emergency preparedness.
公共汽车 & Metrorail - What Every Rider Needs To Know
- 至关重要的 safety and security tips and features for rail, 公共汽车, platforms, stations and more.
- 我们的重点是 protecting Metro operators, eliminating assaults and preventing fare evasion.
Metro has made significant strides in upgrading and rehabilitating its system infrastructure in the past five years.
- 50+ miles of running rail have been 再次 for a smoother, safer ride
- 68,903 crossties have been 取代 for a safer ride
- 102,996 direct-fixation fasteners have been 取代 for a safer ride
- 32,040 third rail insulators have been 取代 for improved safety and reliability
- 10,921 station/tunnel leaks have been 减轻 to reduce water infiltration
- 3,824 open rail joints have been 焊接 for a smoother, safer ride
- 161 switches (turnouts) have been 恢复 for more reliability
- 7,535 roadway (track) signs have been 取代 for the safety of our employees
- 115 escalators have been 恢复 to reduce outages
- 42 elevators have been 恢复 to reduce outages and improve accessibility
- 27 escalators have been 取代 with new units to significantly improve safety and reliability
Frequently Asked Questions
Metro has identified the most common rider safety and security questions.